Cleaning a house requires focus as well as time. Your house is your castle so you may want to do all you can to make it sparkle. Each house is one of a kind, so this makes a variety of considerations when you are thinking about the time it will take to clean it thoroughly and efficiently.
These things could be the size of the home, condition of the home, number of rooms cleaned, the frequency of the scheduled cleaning, and the number of people and pets who live in the house.
These factors decide the amount of time it takes to give your home a proper cleaning. No one likes a filthy house so you should always have a cleaning schedule ready.
As you are calculating How Long Does It Take to Clean a House, an ideal guideline with a four-man cleaning group is an hour for every 1,000 square feet cleaned during an initial deep cleaning. It is because of the well-performed deep and thorough cleaning.
For example, while a person is cleaning the kitchen, another can clean the washrooms, while somebody vacuums and another can dust throughout your home. This ideal approach guarantees that your home gets the perfect attention-to-detail that it needs.
You can figure out how much time it would take for you to clean your house by checking the size of the house.
You should consider if you want to hire professionals to clean your home or you want to do it yourself. Cleaning your house by yourself can be time-consuming and troublesome if you have a big house.
You may want to hire professionals to clean your house if your house is very messy. Nonetheless, the amount of time will vary according to the size of your house and how messy your house is.
How Long Will It Take YOU to Clean Your House?
If you are planning to clean your house by yourself, then you should have time on your hands as it may take a while. The amount of time for cleaning your house may vary according to the size of your house.
- One Bedroom, One Bathroom: If your house has only one bedroom and bathroom, then it might take 1 or 2 hours for you to clean it. A living space this size requires 1 and a half hours to be perfectly cleaned by one cleaner only if it was cleaned or kept up a week ago. However, if it is a space that was not kept up, then according to our experience, it will take you 2 and a half hours or more to properly clean your home.
- Two Bedrooms, One Bathroom: If you have two bedrooms and one bathroom that needs to be cleaned, then it would take you 2 and a half hours to clean it if you do not waste time.
- Three Bedrooms, Two Bathrooms: If you have a living space that consists of three bedrooms and two bathrooms, then it may take you three hours. 3 hours is quite normal for one individual to clean a place of this size on their own as the industry standard is, for the most part, two cleaners for each house based on its size.
- Four Bedrooms, Three & a Half Bathrooms: It would take around 4 hours if you have this living size. 4 hours for a house of this size can be very tiring for a person to clean and we do not recommend it if a cleaner has a lot of appointments in a single day. If you have a house with this living space, you are better off hiring a cleaning service rather than doing it yourself.
- Five Bedrooms, Four & a Half Bathrooms: It would take you more than 5 hours if you have a living space this big. 5 hours for a house of this size could, without a doubt, increase to the 8-hour mark if it is in absolute chaos.
If you have a small space, you do not need to hire a cleaning service and you can do it yourself. Whether you have a one-bedroom & one bathroom living space or three-bedroom & two bathrooms, you can save some cash by cleaning the house by yourself.
If your house is big then you should hire a professional cleaning service to properly clean your house and this saves you the trouble of cleaning it by yourself.
With that being said, if you figured that you want to clean the house by yourself, here are some of the tips and tricks below which will shorten the time of the cleaning process.
3 Tricks to Clean Your Home Faster
- Having A System: Speed-cleaning expert and maid service owner Debbie Sardone say that cutting your cleaning time down short begins with a system. That means you need to clean your house in one particular order all the time. Working each room in turn, starting and finishing at the same spot in a room with the goal that you do not waste time running around aimlessly. So you should have a proper system while cleaning.
- Cleaning Top-To-Bottom, Left-To-Right: Try not to clean a room by starting with the coffee table, then cleaning the blinds, and seeing the dust from the blinds coat your clean coffee table. You should begin at the top of the room, for example, dusting a ceiling fan, and work your way down to the floor to get rid of repetitive work. Similarly, cleaning left to right guarantees that you cover the whole room rather than darting here to there.
- Squeegee Windows: Place a drop of dish cleanser in a gallon of water, wipe it on the window with a material cloth, then squeegee it off. You should start from top to bottom and wipe the blade every time at the bottom. You will have a streak-free window.
If you are having a hard time cleaning your house, then apply these incredible tricks. We hope that you will have a better experience and require less time to clean your house by using these tricks.
Cleaning your house can be difficult if you don’t know what you are doing. It can take a long time to clean your house if you have a big space. However, it will take less time if you have a small house.
You will be spending around three hours if you have a three-bedroom apartment if it is cleaned every week. However, it will take more time than that for a two-bedroom apartment if it is not cleaned weekly. Larger houses that have four or five bedrooms and three to four bathrooms will take a huge amount of time if you clean it by yourself.
If you want to save some cash and do the troublesome work for yourself, then consider doing it on a weekend or when you have a lot of time on your hands. Regardless, if you do not have a lot of time and you want your house to be thoroughly cleaned, then you should hire a professional cleaning service. There are a lot of cleaning services that have reasonable prices for this kind of job.
We hope this article helped.